Re: [egit-dev] Pushing improved change to Gerrit

"Halstrick, Christian" <christian.halstrick@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>   I don't know whether it is required, but I have seen the "Signed-off-by:" and
>   "Change-Id:" lines being the last lines in the commit message.

It is required that these are the last lines of the message.
Gerrit looks at the last paragraph and parses these "footer lines",
looking for a Change-Id to match against.  FWIW, gitk also uses
this rule, as does EGit History view, and they style these footer
lines in a slightly different color from the rest of the body.
I have yet to do the same in Gerrit.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top