Re: [egit-dev] Index and cache

Hi Robin,
Thanks for the explanation. I'm curious since I'm now using the WorkDirCheckout class and it uses the GitIndex. Is that the correct way of doing a check-out or should I use some other approach?

- thomas

On 2009-12-14 23:19, Robin Rosenberg wrote:
måndag 14 december 2009 23:01:16 skrev  Thomas Hallgren:
When reading the Git glossary [1] I learn that the term 'dircache' is
way (in bold, and with 5 a's :-) ) behind and that I should look at
'index'. Looking at the source for jgit, the situation is the opposite.
The GitIndex is deprecated in favor of the DirCache.
GitIndex is the older class and DirCache is the newer one. DirCache
also caches trees (dirs) which GitIndex does not do.

-- robin

Back to the top