Re: [egit-dev] GUI testing

Ketan Padegaonkar <ketanpadegaonkar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> SWTBot is developed on macosx, and tested on windows, Linux/gtk and macosx
> carbon.

If this is the case... then we should just be using SWTBot.

> On Dec 6, 2009 11:43 PM, "Robin Rosenberg" <robin.rosenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> I want to raise this topic again. I submitted a patch for doing some tests
> using SWTBot, which worked marvelously for me on Linux, but not for
> Shawn on OS X.

Robin, can you revive this patch and get it queued for inclusion?

We have basically *NO* tests for the EGit side of the house, and this
cannot continue.  UI testing is hard.  Some of the stuff we have been
breaking recently is in core and can be easily tested with headless
JUnit tests as its just function invocations being validated.  But UI
testing is also useful in some contexts, and SWTBot should help here.

Basically, forget my earlier rejection of SWTBot.  If SWTBot is
developed on Mac we should be able to make it work.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top