Re: [egit-dev] tycho build

Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
Igor Fedorenko <ifedorenko@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I took longer than I hoped, but I finally got some time to try to upload
my changes to gerrit... and I am not sure if it worked that well.

Can you elaborate on "if it worked that well"?

I have to admit I just started learning git, so I don't really know what
is the expected behaviour here. I managed to get multiple "git push" of
jgit repository into one gerrit change via magic of git commit --amend
and Change-Id. Single "git push" of egit repo, however, resulted in
multiple changes in gerrit and I don't know if I did something wrong on
my end or if this is correct and expected behaviour.

Anyways, I think my changes to jgit are in [1] and my changes to egit in
[2]. To use this, you will need maven 3.0-alpha-5 or newer available
from [3].

Thanks, I'll check them out.

I only tested this on Linux, but it should build on Windows without any
changes. Egit build will most likely fail on OSX, but I don't have a
system to test and will let Jason fix OSX build ;-)

JGit does not pass tests on Mac OS X under Maven.  The same tests
run fine when run from the Eclipse JUnit runner on Mac OS X, and
pass on Linux.

The failing tests are all encoding related.  This situation has
been going on for a long time, longer than we have been hosted at
Eclipse.org.  Although I carry a Mac OS X laptop, I have no idea
what the hell is wrong with the tests...

So Jason will likely have a bit of an uphill battle here, as simply
skipping the test is a bad idea.

I was talking about special system properties and JVM invocation
parameters needed to resolve and run SWT on OSX. This only applies to
egit unit tests. I was not aware that there were problems with jgit tests.

Igor

Back to the top