Re: [egit-dev] Tycho Build for EGit

On 2009-11-27, at 5:37 PM, Alex Blewitt wrote:

On 27 Nov 2009, at 21:14, "Matthias Sohn" <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Jason van Zyl <jason@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Let us know if you're interested, we'd love to get a Tycho build
going.

+1
Achieving a uniform build for all projects using Tycho/Maven 3
would be great.

+1 from me too, although I'm not an EGit committer.

Ok, so what we have in 0.6.0 of Tycho is the ability to have a mixed mode of manifest-first (MF) and pom-first (PF) projects. It will be up to you guys what you want visa-vis jgit vs egit and what you want to be MF vs PF . We can do anything at this point with Tycho. For pom- first projects this simply means you create a manifest in some fashion and it's packaged with JAR that's produced.

Tycho can now absorb any bundle regardless of P2 metadata being present, we just generate it on the fly if necessary. Igor already has a full MF build it just needs to be updated. So if you guys figure out what you would like we'll do it.

Alex

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl