Re: [egit-dev] Tycho Build for EGit

On 2009-11-25, at 6:46 PM, Mykola Nikishov wrote:

Hi Jason,

Jason van Zyl <jason@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I have chatted with Shawn on/off over the last while about the Maven build, and Chris has expressed an interested in a more complete Maven build so I wanted to offer end-to-end support for the EGit build where Sonatype can help with Maven and Tycho[1]. We already have a Tycho build for the whole system and it's a bit out of date now but it would take us less then half a day to update it if there was interest. Tycho can handle all the bundles, features, update sites, and whatever else. We can also make changes extremely quickly if we encounter problems. The turn around on fixes
in Maven up through Tycho is less then a day  turn around time.

What does 'the whole system' mean? It's about building EGit and JGit
using Tycho for Sonatype, right?

The build we have uses Tycho for the whole thing, but I would probably change that to make normal JARs unless you want to enforce modularity rules for JGit. I would just toss in manifests during the normal Maven build so that they could be consumed by the Tycho build. Igor made the whole thing Tycho because we don't quite have sorted out mixed Maven and Tycho projects in the same build. But we can figure it out. With Maven 3.x it might not make much of a difference because it all looks like a Maven build even if you use Tycho for the whole thing.

Let us know if you're interested, we'd love to get a Tycho build going. We are using Git internally now at Sonatype and are looking to help improve the developer experience through Git so we have a vested interest here.

Just my +1, this will be great!

[...]

--
MAN-UANIC