Re: [egit-dev] RFC smart HTTP push

On 7 Oct 2009, at 06:07, Shawn O. Pearce wrote:

"Shawn O. Pearce" <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

RFC done.  6 patches on Gerrit:

Good stuff. I'll take a look later on tonight and get back to you with comments.

Alex, I'm sure this is quite a bit different from what were
doing with a smart HTTP fetch, but I think we now have start of
a foundation we can use to build additional HTTP functionality,
and eventually I'd like to also do some gitweb-y sort of thing.

Yup. It's possible that the HTTP pull is going to be more used than HTTP push (more consumers than contributors) so if we can use the same framework for both, that'd be great.

Alex

Back to the top