RE: [egit-dev] upload to gerrit over HTTP

> Currently the only way to upload a patch into Gerrit is by SSH on
> port 29418... which some firewalls may block.  Is this an issue
> for anyone right now?

We indeed have this issue; we cannot use ssh through our firewall.

It is possible for us to get an additional direct access to the
internet, but then we will always have to use two different network
connections, one for the daily work and one for pushing changes to
gerrit. This is not very convenient.

> We could pioneer the smart push
> over HTTP protocol in JGit and at least deploy a prototype of it
> on egit.eclipse.org if being able to push over HTTP would make the
> site more accessible to contributors.

+1 I would appreciate this.

Back to the top