Re: [egit-dev] latest commits do not show up after cloning parallelip-egit.git

"Shawn O. Pearce" <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Lay, Stefan" <stefan.lay@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I opened http://egit.eclipse.org/w/?p=egit/parallelip-egit.git;a=summary and
> > used the URL http://egit.eclipse.org/egit/parallelip-egit.git from
> > this site to clone the repository. I only get the first two commits,
> > the latest one is 025d26216af17edb60c40e2046d30d4d9cc6571c. However,
> > on the web page I saw 6 more commits. I'm missing for example commit
> > dde9bbaf73075825611601f2f741ec16e68cf08e.
>
> Whoops.
>
> The dumb HTTP transport requires we execute git update-server-info
> on the remote server, unfortunately Gerrit Code Review does not do
> this when it updates the repository.  Thus the dumb transport data
> is out of date.

Fixed.  I wrote a quick CGI to produce the two relevant files on
the fly, rather than relying on them from cached disk.

There is a patch series pending for JGit over on the git ML that I
need to finish reviewing and move into a CQ here at Eclipse that adds
the necessary code to JGit to perform the update-server-info work.
Once that is merged in, I can use it in Gerrit Code Review to keep
the on disk files current and avoid the CGI.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top