Re: [egit-dev] Gerrit Code Review running

"Halstrick, Christian" <christian.halstrick@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > As far as uploading a patch for review, its literally just:
> >
> >   git push ssh://username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:29418/egit/parallelip-egit.git HEAD:refs/for/master
>
> I think ssh access is not yet working for me. I registered on
> egit.eclipse.org and added my public key.

And your database records seem to be fine given that.

> But when I want to clone with ssh by calling:
>     git clone ssh://christian.halstrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:29418/egit/parallelip-jgit.git
> the command hangs.

I should have mentioned, please don't clone through the SSH port.
The daemon only has 64 MiB of heap memory available for the entire
web UI and SSH port.  Clones take a good sized chunk of memory and
its easy to exhaust the JVM heap with one.

Normally I run Gerrit Code Review in a JVM with several GiB of heap
if its acting as a server for a workgroup.  Eclipse doesn't have
the server resources available for us to be doing that here.

But, the repository isn't that large yet, and the server isn't being
heavily used.  It should have worked.  Actually, it did work for me:

  $ git clone ssh://spearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:29418/egit/parallelip-jgit.git
  Initialized empty Git repository in /tmp/parallelip-jgit/.git/
  remote: Counting objects: 662, done
  remote: Compressing objects: 100% (662/662)
  Receiving objects: 100% (662/662), 979.54 KiB | 41 KiB/s, done.
  Resolving deltas: 100% (250/250), done.

> It tried cloning via git by calling:
>     git clone git://egit.eclipse.org/egit/parallelip-jgit
> and this works. I tried to clone via git and then push a second patch-set for
> http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,3 . But the push command just hangs (for 15 min. now).

Firewall on your side?  Blocking port 29418 outgoing?

> I used msysgit 1.6.4 and the following command:
>
>     git push ssh://christian.halstrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:29418/egit/parallelip-jgit.git HEAD:refs/for/master

Yup, that's correct.

--
Shawn.