Re: [egit-dev] diff across branches?

Trust me, I'm going to raise bugs for features I use in git gui that aren't in egit, like it or not ;)

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 5:54 PM, Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 30 Sep 2009, at 21:37, Robin Rosenberg wrote:

onsdag 30 september 2009 22:02:58 skrev  Alex Blewitt:
If not, filing a bug would be good.

Filing a bug really won't make a differense, because it is an obvious omission.

I really don't think it improves the image of the project by asking people not to file bugs. After all, it's not present in the current system (whether obvious or not) and having it tracked in Bugzilla means that it can be assigned a milestone, people can cc themselves on the bug, add comments, or even turn into a parent for several other bugs. Furthermore, it will encourage openness of defining what is still yet to be implemented in J/EGit which may not be apparent to casual users.

Any feature request for obvious features will just add unnecessary work.

How does having a bug in a bug tracking system create unnecessary work? Particularly for a project that only has 11 open bugs? Is it somehow going to make the feature more difficult to implement because there's a bug associated with it?

And, oh, patches for new features and bug fixes, including patches for obvious
features. :)

All such patches must be attached to an Eclipse bug (if they're from non-committers). So suggesting that somehow filing the bug in the first place will assist this process is mistaken.

Alex