Re: [egit-dev] diff across branches?

onsdag 30 september 2009 22:02:58 skrev  Alex Blewitt:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM, Nick Gerner <nick.gerner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I see that there's currently support for diff of a single file against
> > the base revision (which is awesome!! thanks!).  But is there support for
> > diff against another branch?  For instance, I might be working on a
> > branch and want to diff against master before doing a merge (letting me
> > do the merge manually).
> > I'm sort of hoping to something like subclipse's synchronize command.
>
> If not, filing a bug would be good.

Filing a bug really won't make a differense, because it is an obvious omission.
Any feature request for obvious features will just add unnecessary work. The
definition of obvious isn't "obvious" so we won't delete feature requests, but
they might not actually help the project. It's not lack of imagination that
slows progress.

We do, however, want bug reports for things that are implemented or seems
to be implemented, but do not work quite right.

And, oh, patches for new features and bug fixes, including patches for obvious
features. :)

-- robin

Back to the top