Re: [egit-dev] Migration to Eclipse.org and refactoring

Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Given that JGit has been greenlighted, and the vserver access should
> have been sorted, can someone comment on when the Git repositories are
> going to relocate, and in JGit's case, when the prefix is going to be
> renamed?

Over the next week I plan to:

* Rename JGit package to org.eclipse.jgit
* Install Gerrit Code Review on egit.eclipse.org
* Create a new Git history for EGit
* Create a new Git history for JGit

We need a completely new Git history because we can't bring our
history with us to eclipse.org; the history contains LGPL licensed
code so the foundation has flat out rejected the import of the
history.  Instead I'll put a script in each repository which allows
the user to fetch and graft in the prior history from repo.or.cz.

> I have some new code for the HTTP access which I'd like to get on board,
> but have been waiting for the rafactoring and location to be sorted out.

Yea, sounds good.  I hope to be able to spend time on this stuff
above over the next 3 or 4 days here, so it might not be a long
wait before this is all sorted out.

> Secondly, once that's done, are we looking to get EGit on board the 3.6
> milestone wagon? I'm sure that would help visibility of the project.

We could try, but its September and the 3.6 release train needs to
be in reasonable shape by early January doesn't it?  We have quite
a few issues we should address before trying to tie ourselves to
a release train.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top