Re: [egit-dev] any update on JGit @ Eclipse ?

"Shawn O. Pearce" <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Do you know which concerns the opposing copyright holders raise against
> > dual EDL/EPL license ?
>
> See the counter-arguments above.

Also, I really can't speak for everyone who holds copyright in JGit,
so this is likely not be a complete and accurate picture of all of
the concerns about a license change.

I only consulted a few folks who have large holdings of copyright,
and after some brief conversations, realized a relicense was not
going to be practical.  The summary I wrote is only my recollection
of those conversations.  There may be other concerns by existing
copyright holders.

Yes, I also talked with myself about it.  Some of the summary
includes my own bias and thoughts on the matter.  :-)

--
Shawn.

Back to the top