[eclipselink-users] what causes a long response time after the message “reconnecting to external connection pool”

Hi all,

I see in my application log an intermittent behavior where after I see the message “reconnecting to external connection pool” it takes very long time (15 and 30 minutes in 2 cases I noticed) until the thread is continuing with its activity and fails with OEF – obviously because so much time passed.

In other cases I see an immediate response and I am trying to figure out how to find the cause for the long response time –

Is it a network problem?

Maybe my connection pool is too small?

Maybe the container that is hosting me can’t allocate more threads?

Maybe…?

As you can see I am grasping here

Currently I am working up from the code of org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatasourceAccessor.reconnect(AbstractSession)

I am using

EclipseLink 2.4.2M3

Spring 3.1.2

Jetty 8.1.8