[eclipselink-users] eclipselink-orm overriding issue

I have a @OneToMany annotation in an entity that I'm maintaining.

It features a mappedBy attribute.

When I override this setting with an eclipselink-orm.xml entry, I find that I must include mapped-by in my one-to-many element.  In other words, the attribute present in the annotation does not "leak through"--the eclipselink-orm.xml element seems to stomp on the @OneToMany annotation in its entirety.

If I don't include the mapped-by attribute, then EclipseLink behaves as though such information was never specified anywhere--that is, it starts looking around for the default join table that would exist in such a case, and of course that's not how I have things mapped.

I was under the impression that as long as you put the minimal amount of information necessary in an orm.xml or eclipselink-orm.xml element the other attribute values would be used from the annotation being overridden.  Am I mistaken, or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson