[eclipselink-users] Verifying whether eclipselink-orm.xml is being picked up

I don't know how to verify whether META-INF/eclipselink-orm.xml is being processed.

An earlier message on this list indicated that META-INF/eclipselink-orm.xml resources should be processed automatically.  I am not seeing that.

I have a unit test with an entity class, and I've made alterations to the JPA information in META-INF/eclipselink-orm.xml.  I'm using Maven so I've placed this in my src/main/resources/META-INF directory, and I've verified that it is appearing in classes/META-INF/eclipselink-orm.xml.

Now, my test is reading from test-classes/META-INF/persistence.xml.

Note that the META-INF/persistence.xml resource is in one place and the META-INF/eclipselink-orm.xml is in another.  Both resources are on the classpath, however.

I have deliberately not referenced eclipselink-orm.xml in my persistence.xml.

I do not see the effects of my eclipselink-orm.xml changes in my test.

I see no output in the logs (FINEST level) that indicate EclipseLink has found it (grepping for "eclipselink" comes up empty).

When I copy it temporarily to test-classes/META-INF/eclipselink-orm.xml so that it is a file sibling of persistence.xml it IS picked up.

Is this expected behavior?

I'm using EclipseLink 2.3.2 (the version that ships with GlassFish 3.1.2.2).

Best,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson