[eclipselink-users] SessionCustomizer to modify/detect database platform: impossible

Is it possible to write a SessionCustomizer that jumps in early enough to install a custom platform on a session, AND that is immune to the platform's jettisoning of any installed platform upon initial login?

One of the first things that DatabaseSessionImpl.java does is to set the session's associated platform--conveniently installed by my session customizer--to null.  WTF.

In other words, a SessionCustomizer that I've written happily installs a new platform...which is then immediately overwritten by the core EclipseLink innards.  I see no way to prevent this overwriting.

A SessionEventListener which activates after a postLogin() event that does the same thing results in dozens of NullPointerExceptions from deep within QuerySequence.java later on in the persistence unit lifecycle, so that's not an option.

Best,

Back to the top