[eclipselink-users] Custom persistence operations using Java, not stored procedure calls

I'm trying to find a way to override the basic persistence operations using
Java instead of using "Custom SQL Queries" according to the documentation.
In the end I want my custom Java methods to invoke custom stored procedures,
but I need to do some data transformation before I can invoke them.

Is there any way I can do this? Perhaps even by using JPA standard
functionality?

/Marcus