[eclipselink-users] is there any way to resolve Type Conversion issue?

Hi,

I have orm file in my application which is using custom Date class
"com.fc.datatype.Date"
e.g.
<basic name="lastUpdatedDate" attribute-type="com.fc.datatype.Date">
        <column name="last_update_date"/>
        <convert>Date</convert>
</basic>

While passing date for this field I am putting java.sql.Date in query
parameter. I get following exception while running the query.

*java.lang.IllegalArgumentException*: You have attempted to set a value of
type class java.sql.Date for parameter lastUpdatedDate with expected type of
class com.fc.datatype.Date

Is there any way to do type conversion in between??