Re: [eclipselink-users] Sharing of L1 Cache in case of transaction-type="JTA" for persistence unit in persistence.xml

The transaction type you use does not impact EclipseLink caching. EntityManager will always use their own L1 cache.

There are a number of settings that allow you to set up the L2 cache. The persistence unit property "eclipselink.cache.shared.default" controls whether the L2 cache is shared by default. (by default it is shared, set that property to false to avoid sharing)