Re: [eclipselink-users] Null @Id again after query execution

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 1:03 AM, Christopher Delahunt <christopher.delahunt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm not quite sure what the issue was but remember something cropping up about having a mapped superclass extend an entity or embeddable.

Oh believe me, this is definitely a weird hierarchy.  Not really what I'd choose to do in a green field.

I looked at paragraph 5 of section 3.5. of the JPA specification which says (on a different issue):

Multiple entity classes and mapped superclasses in an inheritance hierarchy may define listener classes and/or lifecycle callback methods directly on the class.

The fact you can have "multiple" of these things "in an inheritance hierarchy" in any context suggests that it's legal to mix them into the hierarchy.  That's probably a leap, I grant you.  I'll bring this up on the expert group.

Thanks,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson