Re: [eclipselink-users] caching query results for all queries...?

The hint can be added to all queries. Obviously it will improve performance more for queries that are executed more often. (named queries are a good candidate here)

Queries are actually cloned before we apply query hints to them, so the SessionCustomizer option listed below may be what you want for certain queries. (since it will affect the query every time it is looked up rather than just the instance you get from em.createQuery()).

BTW: Some doc:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Introduction_to_EclipseLink_Queries_(ELUG)#How_to_Cache_Query_Results_in_the_Query_Cache

-Tom