Re: [eclipselink-users] question about composite persistence unit

Hi Tom,

thank you very much for your assistance!

On Friday 02 March 2012 - 15:26:25, Tom Ware wrote:
>    It is not clear to me why composite persistence units are helpful to
> you. The most common use case for composite persistence units is to handle
> a situation where you have multiple databases (or at least multiple
> database schemas) and you want to compose entities out of those schemas.
>
>    Based on my understanding, you may be more interested in the extension
> mechanism we provide for persistence units.  Here is an example that
> explains:

May be I'm looking for something in the middle.

Supposed I got things right, composite persistence units are not what I need.
Neither I want to use extensible entities.

I have entities coded following JPA standards and all I'm looking for is a way
to inform the entitymanager about those entities.

Beside the hack of assembling an xml-file in memory and pass the result to
entitymanagerfactory - is there an "officially supported" way to extend the list
of entities?
Could the names be passed as properties, or what else can I do?

kind regards

Gero

Back to the top