Re: [eclipselink-users] Partitioning with Spring managed data sources

Your code seems like it should work.

The error,
Missing partitioning policy for name [Replicate].

means you did not define a partition policy named 'Replicate'.  You need to
define this.

Include the code where you define and use this.

Mike Key-3 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if partitioning with Spring managed data sources is
> supported with Eclipselink 2.3.2?  It seems to work ok, and I'm not sure
> if
> the error I see is related to the fact the data sources are spring managed
> or if the direct error is more about something else I may be doing wrong.
>
> I have things all wired in spring using the EclipselinkJpaVendorAdapter
> and
> I set all of my persistence.xml properties in the spring context through
> that adapter as follows:
>
>  <bean id="dataSource" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
>         destroy-method="close"
>         p:driverClassName="org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver"
>         p:url="jdbc:hsqldb:mem:target:/db/default;hsqldb.applog=1"
>         p:username="sa"/>
>
>   <bean id="nevadaDataSource"
> class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
>         destroy-method="close"
>         p:driverClassName="org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver"
>         p:url="jdbc:hsqldb:mem:target:/db/nevada;hsqldb.applog=1"
>         p:username="sa"/>
>
>   <bean name="eclipseLinkPersistenceProvider"
>         class="org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider">
>   </bean>
>
>   <bean id="pum"
>
> class="com.betfair.myproject.spring.extension.MergingPersistenceUnitManager">
>     <property name="persistenceXmlLocations">
>       <list>
>         <value>classpath*:META-INF/persistence.xml</value>
>       </list>
>     </property>
>     <property name="defaultDataSource" ref="dataSource"/>
>   </bean>
>
>   <bean id="entityManagerFactory"
>
> class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean">
>       <property name="persistenceUnitName" value="sample"/>
>       <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource"/>
>       <property name="persistenceUnitManager" ref="pum"/>
>       <property name="persistenceProvider"
> ref="eclipseLinkPersistenceProvider"/>
>       <property name="jpaVendorAdapter">
>         <bean
>
> class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.EclipseLinkJpaVendorAdapter">
>           <property name="databasePlatform"
>
> value="org.eclipse.persistence.platform.database.HSQLPlatform"/>
>           <property name="showSql" value="true"/>
>           <property name="generateDdl" value="true"/>
>         </bean>
>       </property>
>           <property name="jpaPropertyMap">
>                 <map>
>                   <entry key="eclipselink.logging.level" value="FINE"/>
>                   <entry
> key="eclipselink.connection-pool.default.nonJtaDataSource"
> value="dataSource"/>
>                   <entry
> key="eclipselink.connection-pool.nevada.nonJtaDataSource"
> value="nevadaDataSource"/>
>                   <entry key="eclipselink.partitioning"
> value="Replicate"/>
>                 </map>

> [...]