Re: [eclipselink-users] Custom Partitioning Policy

Hi,
thanks for your investigation, this indeed seems to be the issue, CustomPartitionPolicy does not forward some calls including the initialize call. I hope I'll get around to filing a bug about it soon.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von James Sutherland
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 16. November 2011 19:15
An: eclipselink-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [eclipselink-users] Custom Partitioning Policy

The issue seems to be that the connectionPools for your custom policy are
empty, so there is no connect for any query, causing the null-pointer.  You
need to give your custom policy a set of connection pools to hash from.

The reason the Hash policy does not get this error is that if its pools are
empty, it sets them to all of the pools defined in the session on
initialize.

The reason initialize is not called in your case is that the
CustomPartitioningPolicy is not forwarding the method.  It should, so please
log a bug, also include the null-pointer in the bug, as no connections
should not trigger a null-pointer, its should only return no data.

SMA Solar Technology AG
Aufsichtsrat: Guenther Cramer (Vorsitzender)
Vorstand: Juergen Dolle, Roland Grebe, Uwe Hertel, Pierre-Pascal Urbon, Marko Werner
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Kassel HRB 3972
Sitz der Gesellschaft: 34266 Niestetal
USt-ID-Nr. DE 113 08 59 54
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 95881150