Re: [eclipselink-users] JPA caching of ResultSets only?

There are a few options:

- The "javax.persistence.cache.storeMode" can also be set on the
EntityManager to bypass the cache.
- You could call flush() before commit, then clear(), then nothing will be
stored in the cache.
- You can refresh, as you are doing.
- You can invalidate the cache, using the JPA Cache interface, or the
EclipseLink Session IdentityMapAccessor API. (this will cause the next
access to refresh the object)

polyphenol wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 14:50:25 +0200 Guy Pelletier
> <guy.pelletier@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>Did you looking Shaun's suggestion of configuring the returning
>>policy?
>>
>>http://wiki.eclipse.org/Using_EclipseLink_JPA_Extensions_(ELUG)#Usi
> ng_EclipseLink_JPA_Extensions_for_Returning_Policy
>
> Yes, however I'm required to use MySQL and thus:
>
> # Exception [EclipseLink-0] (Eclipse Persistence Services -
> 2.3.0.v20110604-r9504):
> org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.IntegrityException
> # Descriptor Exceptions:
> # ---------------------------------------------------------
> #
> # Exception [EclipseLink-193] (Eclipse Persistence Services -
> 2.3.0.v20110604-r9504):
> org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DescriptorException
> # Exception Description: There is no custom [InsertObjectQuery]
> set, but ReturningPolicy contains field(s) to be returned and
> [MySQLPlatform] doesnt support generating call with returning.
> # Descriptor: RelationalDescriptor(foo.Bar --> [DatabaseTable(bar)])
> #
> # Runtime Exceptions:
> #

-----