[eclipselink-users] Streaming Blob or calling SQLXML directly for certain fields

Hi guys,

Is there a way to extend some classes or implement some interfaces in EclipseLink to make direct JDBC calls for certain table columns so that I can do streaming of BLOB data or use the SQLXML class for XML columns?

I have already gone through the XMLDataCustomizer example and I just want to point out that this is not an accepatable solution for me as it assumes I am using an OracleConnection object and that I am dealing with an Oracle database.

I would like to use the SQLXML class instead and direct JDBC calls when dealing with XML columns in DB2, MSSQL and Oracle.

If anyone has done this or has some suggestions I would really appreciate it.  Also, I briefly looked at this link:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Using_EclipseLink_JPA_Extensions_%28ELUG%29#Using_EclipseLink_JPA_Converters

But I am not sure if I can use a Converter class - it seems converters are really there to massage data after retrieving it and before inserting it but what I want to do is make direct JDBC calls to the database for XML columns and perhaps Blobs as well.

Thanks,

Joe

Back to the top