Re: [eclipselink-users] TableGenerator question: is the provider responsible for initializing rows?

> Where should I file an RFE for a side-effect-free enhancement to have
> EclipseLink automatically insert rows in @TableGenerator-mentioned tables?
I would use Eclipse bugzilla
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/

On 8/30/2011 4:06 PM, Laird Nelson wrote:
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Andrei Ilitchev
<andrei.ilitchev@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:andrei.ilitchev@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    If you use "eclipselink.ddl-generation" with "create-tables" then
    pre-existing tables will be kept and sequence table will be populated.

Thanks again.  I'll look into this, but frankly this is a little
bizarre.  I mean, I understand the option, but to solve this use case?
Really?  Won't this silently create tables that don't exist--i.e.
suppose I've forgotten, in my Liquibase setup, to create a given table.
Now this option will silently create that table under the covers,
right?  Yikes.

Where should I file an RFE for a side-effect-free enhancement to have
EclipseLink automatically insert rows in @TableGenerator-mentioned tables?

Thanks,
Laird

--