Re: [eclipselink-users] TableGenerator question: is the provider responsible for initializing rows?

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Andrei Ilitchev <andrei.ilitchev@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you use "eclipselink.ddl-generation" with "create-tables" then pre-existing tables will be kept and sequence table will be populated.

Thanks again.  I'll look into this, but frankly this is a little bizarre.  I mean, I understand the option, but to solve this use case?  Really?  Won't this silently create tables that don't exist--i.e. suppose I've forgotten, in my Liquibase setup, to create a given table.  Now this option will silently create that table under the covers, right?  Yikes.

Where should I file an RFE for a side-effect-free enhancement to have EclipseLink automatically insert rows in @TableGenerator-mentioned tables?

Thanks,
Laird

--