Re: [eclipselink-users] problem with JPA HashMap and em.merge()

The error does not seem good.  Please log a bug for this issue.  Change
events should be disabled when merging, so this is odd.

Also indicate where the object that is being merged came from (serialized,
other persistence unit, merging an object into itself).

The null pointer seems to be cause by the key being null, what is the key?
Looks like the key may not be merged yet.

Timothy Falconer-4 wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm having a problem with a HashMap of entities within an entity.  Using
> Glassfish 3.1 with default Eclipselink version within that.
>
> Two salient points ...
>
> 1) the system works fine for adding entities, with the HashMap.  It's only
> when I merge an existing entity that the problem happens
>
> 2) if I change the HashMap to an ArrayList, the whole thing works fine.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Details here:   http://pastebin.com/iQ95y4nc
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Tim