Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 10:03:07 -0400
From: Timothy Falconer <teefal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: eclipselink-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [eclipselink-users] problem with JPA HashMap and em.merge()

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with a HashMap of entities within an entity.  Using Glassfish 3.1 with default Eclipselink version within that.

Two salient points ...

1) the system works fine for adding entities, with the HashMap.  It's only when I merge an existing entity that the problem happens

2) if I change the HashMap to an ArrayList, the whole thing works fine.

What am I missing?

Details here:   http://pastebin.com/iQ95y4nc

Thanks in advance,
Tim