Re: [eclipselink-users] EclipseLink 2.2 PersistenceProvider osgi registeration

Thank you Tom,  That makes things clearer.

Ahmed

From: Tom Ware <tom.ware@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: EclipseLink User Discussions <eclipselink-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 19-05-2011 20:08
Subject: Re: [eclipselink-users] EclipseLink 2.2 PersistenceProvider osgi registeration

Hi Ahmed,

  In 2.2 we evolved our internal JPA support somewhat.  Although it is not
Gemini-based, it is more service oriented - hence the EntityManagerFactory and
EntityManagerFactoryBulider service.  You can use these things without Gemini.

  Your other alternative is to use the PersistenceProvider directly (i.e. call
the API directly) - I think this is along the lines of what you are suggesting
below.

-Tom

http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/rt/org.eclipse.persistence/trunk/examples/org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.rcp.comics/ReadMe.txt