One of the clients of this distributed app also uses a brute force ajax client.
    thank you
    /michael

On 2011-04-02 04:19, mgsoft wrote:
I have got a webapplication that contains an AJAX-driven autocomplete field
that is mapped to a numeric field of type long.
As soon as the user enters at least two characters an AJAX-request is sent
to the server that in turn should query the database in order to fetch a
list of possible items.

The query is very simple:

select a.id from Material a where a.id like '12%'

But that query doesn't work! I get an EclipseLink conversion exception that
is

Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "12%"

Please tell me how to use wildcards when searching for numeric fields! Thank
you very much.

Back to the top