Re: [eclipselink-users] question about date/timestamp

There is no best practice that I am aware of.

You should carefully read the assumptions that come with the java date-types
and the database date-types (e.g.
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e17118.pdf, 3-17++).
This topic can get really troublesome if you start to consider leap seconds
;-).

The most profound discussion about date/time-values that I know of is in the
XSD-specification: http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#dateTime

-- Frank