[eclipselink-users] question about date/timestamp

Hi Folks,

Apologies in advance if this is a faq, but I don't track this mailing list constantly.

Is there an appropriate/approved/conventional way of handling timezone/date/time values within jpa? That is, I would like to persist date and time (down to milliseconds), and expect to have these date and time values coming from processes that are not expected to have perfectly synchronized clocks.

It it typical to persist timezone info...or simply to persist the consistent GMT value...and not timezone...or do something else?

If there are docs/tutorials about the general and/or jpa-specific issues, please just point me to them.

Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top