Re: [eclipselink-users] support for teradata

Generally if there is no specific DatabasePlatform for a database you can use
the default DatabasePlatform.  As long as the database is JDBC and SQL
compliant, you should not have any issues.  The DatabasePlatform subclasses
generally provide support for functionality beyond the SQL and JDBC
standards.

If you find that the generic DatabasePlatform is insufficient, you can
create your own DatabasePlatform subclass to add the functionality that you
require.  You can also log an enhancement request to have the platform
added, if you have created your own you can also attach your platform as a
patch to the bug.

Are you having any specific issues?

tbianchi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Well I suppose the first question to ask is, does EclipseLink have support
> for Teradata database?
>
> If so, how do I wire this in with Spring?
>
> I the past, I've used:
> <bean id="eclipseLinkAdptr"
>
> class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.EclipseLinkJpaVendorAdapter"
>          p:showSql="${el.showSql}"
>
> p:databasePlatform="org.eclipse.persistence.platform.database.OraclePlatform"/>
>
> However, in the EclipseLink api I do not see a "TeradataPlatform" class.
>
> Can anyone help me out on this one?
>
> Thanks!
> Tony

-----