Re: [eclipselink-users] EclipseLink passes incorrect password to database

There was an issue with password encryption and concurrency that was fixed
recently.  You could try the latest release.  A workaround would be to set
an non-encrypted password.

In general having the min and max have the same value will avoid excessive
connection creation.  EclipseLink supports a single connection pool as well,
just give "eclipselink.jdbc.connections.min/max/initial" instead of read and
write, which will reduce the number of connections.

Zarar Siddiqi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I"m using EclipseLink 1.2 in a very heavily used application, and have
> encountered a pretty scary problem where EclipseLink passes an
> incorrect password to the database.  I'm also using EclipseLink
> connection pooling which I believe is related to the problem since
> this wasn't a problem when I was using DBCP for the pooling part.  The
> problem is that once connectivity fails, EclipseLink doesn't discard
> that connection and tries again, it just continues to supply the same
> incorrect password over and over again.  My application is deployed on
> a cluster of 6 machines, and at any point any one of them can display
> this behaviour.
>
> My persistence.xml is fairly standard.
>

>             <property name="eclipselink.session.customizer"
> value="ca.utoronto.sis.sws.db.EclipseLinkSessionCustomizer"/>
>             <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.cache-statements"
> value="true"/>
>             <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.cache-statements.size"
> value="10000"/>
>             <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.read-connections.min"
> value="${db.mainframe.pool.read.initialsize}"/>
>             <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.read-connections.max"
> value="${db.mainframe.pool.read.maxactive}"/>
>             <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.write-connections.min"
> value="${db.mainframe.pool.write.initialsize}"/>
>             <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.write-connections.max"
> value="${db.mainframe.pool.write.maxactive}"/>
>
>             <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.driver"
> value="${db.mainframe.driver}"/>
>             <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.url"
> value="${db.mainframe.url}"/>
>             <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.user"
> value="${db.mainframe.user}"/>
>             <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.password"
> value="${db.mainframe.password}"/>
>

> Has anyone encountered this behaviour before or might know where the
> problem lies?
>
> Thanks,
> Zarar

-----