[eclipselink-users] EclipseLink passes incorrect password to database

Hi,

I"m using EclipseLink 1.2 in a very heavily used application, and have
encountered a pretty scary problem where EclipseLink passes an
incorrect password to the database.  I'm also using EclipseLink
connection pooling which I believe is related to the problem since
this wasn't a problem when I was using DBCP for the pooling part.  The
problem is that once connectivity fails, EclipseLink doesn't discard
that connection and tries again, it just continues to supply the same
incorrect password over and over again.  My application is deployed on
a cluster of 6 machines, and at any point any one of them can display
this behaviour.

My persistence.xml is fairly standard.

            <property name="eclipselink.session.customizer"
value="ca.utoronto.sis.sws.db.EclipseLinkSessionCustomizer"/>
            <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.cache-statements" value="true"/>
            <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.cache-statements.size"
value="10000"/>
            <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.read-connections.min"
value="${db.mainframe.pool.read.initialsize}"/>
            <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.read-connections.max"
value="${db.mainframe.pool.read.maxactive}"/>
            <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.write-connections.min"
value="${db.mainframe.pool.write.initialsize}"/>
            <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.write-connections.max"
value="${db.mainframe.pool.write.maxactive}"/>

            <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.driver"
value="${db.mainframe.driver}"/>
            <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.url" value="${db.mainframe.url}"/>
            <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.user"
value="${db.mainframe.user}"/>
            <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.password"
value="${db.mainframe.password}"/>

Has anyone encountered this behaviour before or might know where the
problem lies?

Thanks,
Zarar

Back to the top