Re: [eclipselink-users] Distributed Cache Setup

I haven't setup cache coordination on Tomcat before, but these are the
properties I use for WLS.  If you have no JMS, then you need to use RMI, or
add a JMS server.

            <property name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.protocol"
value="rmi" />
            <property name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.jndi.user"
value="%%server-user%%" />
            <property name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.jndi.password"
value="%%server-pwd%%" />
            <property name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.rmi.url"
value="%%current-server-url%%" />
            <property
name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.rmi.announcement-delay" value="1000" />
            <property
name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.rmi.multicast-group"
value="239.192.0.0" />
            <property
name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.rmi.multicast-group.port" value="3121"
/>
            <property
name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.packet-time-to-live" value="2" />

We should provide an example deployment for cache coordination on the wiki,
please log a documentation bug for this.

Stanley K wrote:

> We're setting up a new project utilizing JPA2 and EclipseLink. We're
> planning on deploying 2 Tomcat servers, both of which will connect to
> Primary and Slave DBs (Primary for Writes; Slave for Reads). In order to
> utilize the JPA cache, it needs to be able to be shared between the Tomcat
> instances.
>
> I know EclipseLink supports distributed shared caches (which I learned
> last week). However, the documentation on how to set it up is hard to
> find. Plus, since we're using Tomcat, we will not be able to use the JMS
> option. I found bits and pieces but I'm looking for something more
> complete. Has anyone set it up? Do you know where to find more info? A
> full example would really help me.
>
> Thanks!

-----
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/