Re: [eclipselink-users] Caching and @Id

Identity will always be maintain within the EntityManager, the cache settings
are just for the shared cache.

You could set the query to be read-only (query hint
"eclipselink.read-only"="true"), or disable the cache for the query  (query
hint "eclipselink.maintain-cache"="false").

Otherwise, you could make every field in the object part of its Id if it
truely has no unique fields.

Zarar Siddiqi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm have a native query whose results I stuff into an Entity.  The
> query uses a LEFT JOIN and it's awfully hard figuring out uniqueness
> per row since the LEFT JOIN can return null columns.
>
> I've mapped the results to an @Entity which has one arbitrary column
> defined as an @Id (only because I have to).  Since I have caching
> turned off completely:
>
>             <property name="eclipselink.cache.type.default" value="NONE"/>
>
> I expect every entity mapped to be its own object.  However, if the
> result set has three rows with the same value in the @Id field/column,
> the same Java object ends up being there three times instead of three
> different objects.  I realize why it's doing this (looking at the @Id
> and saying "oh well, I already have this object so why map a new one")
> but want to change this behavior.
>
> I even tried messing with the cache size and shared cache properties
> but no luck.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Zarar

-----