Re: [eclipselink-users] Dyn. Weaving, Lazy Collection, Clone Problem

Hi Oliver,

If you want to see what any of your weaved classes do, you can do it with the combination of a set of properties and a java decompiler.

  Set the two system properties:

eclipselink.weaving.output.path=<path>
eclipselink.weaving.overwrite.existing=true

The output of the weaving process will go to <path>. You should be able to decompile those class files.

  Here is a sample _persistence_shallow_clone() from one of our test classes:

    public Object _persistence_shallow_clone()
    {
        return super.clone();
    }

The main impact of implementing your own clone method is that you take responsibility for ensuring everything is cloned. There may be very minor performance impact, but it is likely almost negligible when done for just one class.

-Tom

Oliver Vesper wrote:
Hi Tom,

thanks a lot for your response. I added the following annotation to my entity class:
@CopyPolicy(InstantiationCopyPolicy.class)

I can see that the databinding is working as expected, so my PropertyChangeSupport instance seems to refer to the right entity, which was the error I saw before. I haven't debugged the code yet to verify everything is really working as expected, but at the first glance it looks good.

Do you know what the weaved _persistence_shallow_clone() method does? I haven't been able to debug into that one, I guess I must have a look at the eclipselink-weaving-bundles' code. I wonder if not using the default (when weaving is used) copy policy (PersistenceEntityCopyPolicy) has any negative impact?

-Oliver

Hi Olivier,

  Take a look at this link for copy policy configuration:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Using_EclipseLink_JPA_Extensions_%28ELUG%29#Using_EclipseLink_JPA_Extensions_for_Copy_Policy

You should be able to defined a CloneCopyPolicy that will use a method of your choice to do the cloning.

-Tom