[eclipselink-users] EclipseLink 2.0.0 RC 1 code clean up

Today I evaluated EclipseLink 2.0.0 RC 1. It works without problems so far.

When I use thirdparty library I check it with FindBugs. FindBugs 1.3.9 show 1458 bugs in eclipselink.jar and javax.persistence_2.0.0v200911271158.jar.
Most of them are not bugs.
  Some are trivial like replacing & with && in if statement. And some can be quite dangerous like infinite recursive loop in "...jpa.querydef.ExpressionImpl.getValue()"

It found "showstoper" bug in "...sequencing.PreallocationHandler.getPreallocated(String)" that is synchronized on ConcurrentLinkedQueue that is prohibited according to JavaDoc and can lead to deadlock. I experienced such deadlocks in my own programs when I switched from ArrayList to concurrent implementation.

Can you consider checking EclipseLink 2.0.0 before final release and fixing at least some trivial bugs and others delay to 2.0.1 release.

  Martin

Back to the top