[eclipselink-users] Speed problems with 1.1.3

dear list!

we are developing a web application which is deployed to a GlassFish AS and communicating with a PostgreSQL database through EclipseLink. two days ago we were in a hurry of a release, on the night of the release we have found out that the production server is really slow comparing to the test server with the same code on the same HW with the same OS (kernel + libraries).

the last two days I was to find out the cause of the problem. I checked the HW, ran a lot of benchmarks and profiling, compared the versions of the libraries, checked the kernels, etc. in the morning I've found out that the problem was with the EclipseLink. on the test server the version was 1.1.2 which was running smoothly and fast. and on the production server was version 1.1.3 which was running slow (considerably - about 20x slower).

i haven't thought that the newer version of EclipseLink could cause the speed problems. have you ever experienced problems like this with this version? or could you give me ideas why it is so slow with the new version?

if you need any more information about the environment, let me know!

thanks,
--
KARASZI Istvan

Back to the top