Re: [eclipselink-users] [OT]-ish Reading Annotation Data

tch wrote:

> The idea of having a POJO based entity layer like we have in JPA is
> that those same entities that you define once for JPA can and should
> be used for other things -- like holding form values in a web
> framework, etc.

I totally agree. The "problem" is with the "metadata" in that if, for
example, I have a column definition specifying a text field as being 32
characters long on an entity annotation, unless I'm missing something, I
have to repeat that definition elsewhere. I can specify it in html/css to
control the number of characters the user can enter into the field in a
webform. I still have to specify it on the server as part of the validation
process in case I've got some smart alec trying to beat the system from the
client end or if I don't check it anywhere, I've got to handle truncation
errors when I try to update the database.

Regards