Re: [eclipselink-users] [OT]-ish Reading Annotation Data

On Monday 28 September 2009 16:26:00 Tim Hollosy wrote:
> You need to use reflection, there is no built in "JPA Annotation
> Reflection Helper" provided by eclipselink, I asked once in an
> eclipselink chat and everyone thought I was nuts, but good to see I'm
> not the only one looking for something like that.

The only reason that I think why people would think you mad for what, to me,
seems a perfectly reasonable idea, is that people have been there, done that
and it has been shown to be A Bad Idea(Tm). I'd be interested in comments
before I attempt to go down this route.

I'm talking specifically about using entities in a web-app where I need to
validate the length of  fields returned before trying to insert/update the
database. I'd also like to make the column length available to the web
framework (in this instance Struts 2) so I can set the size of the
input/display elements to match their definition where appropriate.

Regards

Back to the top