Re: [eclipselink-users] No Persistence provider for EntityManager namedis4uPU

Is your xml file placed under /META-INF in your class folder?

>>> "Michael Hönnig" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx> 07/09/2009 11:21 >>>
Since I've changed a project from Oracle TopLink 2.0 (same as 9.1 as
far
as I know).  All I did was exchanging lib/toplink-essentials.jar by
eclipselink-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar in my MANIFEST.MF Class-Path and
adapting
the persistence.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<persistence version="1.0"
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd";>
  <persistence-unit name="PROJECT" transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL">

<provider>org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider</provider>
        <class>de.hoennig.PROJECT.Class1</class>
        <class>de.hoennig.PROJECT.Class2</class>
        <properties>

        <property name="eclipselink.logging.level" value="FINEST"/>

        <property name="javax.persistence.jdbc.driver"
value="org.postgresql.Driver"/>
        <property name="javax.persistence.jdbc.url"
value="jdbc:postgresql://localhost/PROJECT"/>
        <property name="javax.persistence.jdbc.user" value="PROJECT"/>
        <property name="javax.persistence.jdbc.password"
value="PROJECT"/>

    </properties>
  </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

(where PROJECT and Class... are just placeholders)

The original jar did work fine, but now I am getting:

javax.persistence.PersistenceException: No Persistence provider for
EntityManager named PROJECT
at
javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:89)
..

Am I missing something? Is there any way to get a more detailed error
message to find out why it cant find the Persistence provider?

Thanks!
.. Michael

--
http://michael.hoennig.de