Re: [eclipselink-users] Table prefix

You can set a table-qualifier (schema), that can apply to all descriptors in
the session.  Not sure where you would want the prefix, I assume this is for
default table generation?  You can specify the @Table name directly on each
Entity.  You could also use a SessionCustomizer to iterate over the
ClassDescriptors and add a prefix to the tables.

saasira wrote:

> It would be worthwhile to have eclipselink support both prefix and suffix
> the table names; I believe this would help in  implementing scalable
> database architectures where some kind of monthly rotation algorithm can
> be
> employed so that queries are always executed on the table with smaller and
> relevant data,hence return results faster.
>

> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 2:35 AM, Christian August Michelsen
> <chris-m@xxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to prefix the tables during runtime?
>> For instance, the table name "categories" is sometimes called
>> "zen_categories", or any other variation like "mca_categories".
>>

>> Now I've seen something in OpenJPA that is supposedly able to handle this
>> (DBDictionary, getValidTableName() ), but is there anything in
>> EclipseLink
>> that can handle such a use case? (Edgy as it may be).
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Christian Michelsen

-----