[eclipselink-users] Problems with ManyToOne and OneToMany

Hi,

I'm using eclipselink to do some persistence. I'm having the following classes/tables:

@Entity
public class Team{
    @OneToMany(mappedBy="team")
    public Set<Player> players;
}

@Entity
public class Player{
    @ManyToOne
    public Team team;
}

In my database there is a table team and a table player (with a foreign-key-relationship to a team-ID).

This works as far as I'm not deleting anything. But when calling em.remove(myPlayer) the "players"-Set in "Team" is not automatically updated. When closing my application and restarting it, everything works fine. But without this restart the "players"-array seems to get cached somewhere.

Any idea on how to solve this? From time to time I'm getting errors that there are unpersistet instances after such a remove operation. For hibernate, I've read something about an "inverse"-annotation which could (if I understood it right) solve such a problem.

Any help would be highly appreciated,

best regards
-Johannes

Back to the top