Re: [eclipselink-users] DDL question

Hi Laird,

I'm actually surprised that isn't working. Definitely enter a bug for this issue.

-Tom

Laird Nelson wrote:
Hello; I've noticed that Hibernate and OpenJPA both allow you to specify a columnDefinition alongside nullable = false (in a @Column mapping), and the resulting DDL fragment that these tools generate suffixes your columnDefinition's value with "NOT NULL". EclipseLink does not do this--it just puts in the columnDefinition and effectively ignores the nullable = false constraint. Is this an oversight, or by design?

If for no other reason than general consensus, I would think EclipseLink would want to do what the Other Guys do here.

Best,
Laird